Monday 27 December 2010

Advice required


For some reason many of my friends seem to turn to me for love advice. As a perma single with a great fear of commitment clearly makes perfect sense but apparently I can give a man perspective (is this a compliment?)
One of the funniest 'love problems' was recently voiced to me by my good friend Julie*, the pub conversation was as follows:

J- ''I need some man advice''
BB- ''Is this going to be another half an hour analysis over a text missing an x at the end?''
J- ''I know you are going to laugh but this is a serious problem to me and I need your honest opinion. It is sex related''
BB- ''Brilliant''
J- ''You know Tim**.....''
BB- ''I do indeed''
J- ''Basically everytime he finishes he...''
BB- ''Falls asleep? That's pretty standard I wouldn't worry.''
J- ''Not quite''
BB- ''Is raring to go again? Nothing wrong with that, make the most of it.''
J- ''He shouts out a.... catchphrase''
BB- (Slight stifled giggle) ''Really? Can I guess which one?''
J- ''I knew you would be like this, just forget it.''
BB- (feign serious face) ''No no sorry, continue. What does he shout? I saw this on a SATC episode once, is it some kind of barrage of swear words?''
J- ''No... it is more of a famous advert line''
BB- Silence
J- 'Ahhh Bisto.' Have you ever had that?''
BB- Silence
J- "Seriously now, I really like him and everything else is amazing but is this odd? He says it in a real strained voice'' (proceeds to do an impression)
BB- Cannot speak due to extreme laughter and tears

And so readers/bloggers I turn to you for advice, what should Julie do about ahh Bisto Tim? I have managed to stop laughing to whittle it down to a few options:

A) Learn to embrace the Bisto promotion, maybe even rival it with a few Oxo lines at the crucial moment
B) Ignore his calls and move on to a less vocal lover
C) Sit him down during a roast dinner and ask why the infatuation with gravy related items
D) Learn to block out the 'strained voice'
E) Other please suggest

* Name has been slightly altered at a slight attempt to protect identity.
** Has been named and shamed

If anyone else has suffered a similar problem please do let us know.

10 comments:

  1. Well it is the nation's favourite!...

    Luckily I've never been in this situation (to date! - There's always time though). I actually don't think anyone can help in this situation it all depends on how much you like the guy. I would imagine after the first 6 months though it would really start to piss you off!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha yeah Lisa I am also a gravy fan but there is a time and place for such love!
    I think if it was me I wouldnt be able to not say something on the first occurance!
    x

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is hilarious! I especially love how she asked if it happened to you!

    Consider me a follower and I look forward to reading more!

    Rapunzel x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ha was wishful thinking on her part i reckon! Thank you Rapunzel I am sure there will plenty more treats for you to read over 2011!
    x

    ReplyDelete
  5. A well timed shout of go go spidey web, may be enough to put him off his Bisto stride. Alternatively I hear farm yard animal noises work just as well.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ha. Absolutely love this. Particular the fact that she actually expected you to be serious. I'd have been on the floor laughing. More hilarity please :o)

    Laura x
    http://firstclassramblings.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Why thank you Laura. I know of all the bedroom problems I could never have predicted that one, what a legend!
    x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ha! He definitely has some kind of gravy fetish.
    I'm interested to know- did she carry on sleeping with him?


    Amy-Lee x

    ReplyDelete
  9. She did for a while then it all got too much! I don’t know how she resisted saying something the first time it happened to be honest!
    x

    ReplyDelete