Friday 7 January 2011

Macho Macho Man?!


Recently my friends and colleagues have commented that my personality represents not that of the average 20 something girl but that of a bloke.- brilliant. I would take offence but when looking into it I reckon I am in the better place.

Here are 6 key signs that I have a blokey personality

  • I am scared of commitment of any kind- The thought of owning a hoover freaks me out let alone a house, I literally run when the word ‘relationship’ is used in reference to me and my chest goes tight when I think about weddings and babies. My commitments in life are my season ticket, my mobile contract and my feline creature- even this is sometimes too much to bear.
  • I never go to the doctors- Apparently this is a man trait, I personally think it just shows that I am nails. When I was 19 I broke my finger pretty badly (my engagement finger no less) and after the operations I got bored of going back and so I am now left with the most mangled looking bent finger known- never going to get a ring on that, think this might be why I refuse to go back and get it sorted- fate.
  • I do not have the ability to over analyse- I think this is more lack of attention span but according to the masses this is a blokey thing. I do find it pretty baffling when I am forced to partake in conversations about what the text message ACTUALLY means, why he REALLY brought flowers and what EXACTLY he is doing on his boy’s night out.- Why don’t we just concentrate on enjoying ourselves instead?!
  • I am a very bad texter- Again I put this down to my attention span but yes I will admit it, I tend to read messages and put my phone back in my bag, rather than responding with xx’s, smiley faces and Lols. People have started to learn to call; it is the only way to get the answers. I am however hoping that I can brush up my skills with the aid of my sex texting project.
  • I enjoy pints of beer especially following a big night out (best cure)- Friends are split on this one, some are on my side and happily join me with a good Peroni, some think it is the worst thing in the world and stare at me with disgust when I order such a beverage (only encourages me). Are there really such rules behind your drink of choice?!
  • I have no tact/social awareness- I ask inappropriate would you rather questions on first dates that involve sanitary protection and human excrement, I confess sex stories with colleagues of all levels in the pub and use saracasm as a chat up method.
To end please do not think I am some kind of outlandish butch tomboy that hates everything feminine, truth be told I do buy too many shoes, probably wear far too much make up, read fashion magazines and enjoy trashy TV especially on the E entertainment channel, I just embrace the blokey traits that come naturally to me, no shame.

8 comments:

  1. I'm surprised you are single...I would have thought you would be a guy's dream?!

    By the way you may want to stop reading my blog now as it will soon be featuring lots of analysing texts and the like.

    Just a thought! lol! ;)xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Btw - that's the first time I've done a proper 'lol' and a face. I didn't enjoy it...!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ha too matey apparently Repunzel, plus I tend to run at the idea of not being single.

    It's ok I can handle the analysis, plus I will let you off as you clearly are not a loler or :) I will give you a guy prespective no fear!
    x

    ReplyDelete
  4. * Rapunzel- apologies for the typo there!

    ReplyDelete
  5. In the past I've been told that I think like a man as well but I think my feminine side is coming to the fore lately. I believe in a balance life ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ha maybe I will grow into my feminist side.x

    ReplyDelete
  7. In this case, I think being YOU would make you any guy's lucky catch- they'd have less shit to deal with on a regular basis.

    ReplyDelete