Thursday 27 January 2011

Dating memoirs of Betty B


My new year’s resolution to get back out there and up my dating game has fallen at the first hurdle- I have not partaken in a singular date or even mild flirtation all month- disappointing but I blame the January blues/slump- London and I are not ourselves right now.

During this slight glitch in my plans I have been looking back to when I did enjoy one nighters, dates, flings and (gasp) relationships and reflecting on how I achieved this.
And so I introduce you to- Pulling tips by Betty B: (take notes ladies*)

  • Do pull up a bar stool nosily from one side of the pub to the other, put it next to you and rub the seat in a circular motion while staring at the victim, he will sit there and chat-eventually.
  • Do introduce dance moves to your strategy, recommendations include the ‘doll’ dance- this involves placing your index finger onto the victims head and encouragingly voicing the word spin over and over until they respond, no matter how reluctant they enjoy it.
  • If you have a plaster cast on your arm do use it to your full advantage- guys will be impressed if you consistently whack them on the head with it.
  • Do ‘pretend’ to think they are of a homosexual nature and invite them to join you on a hunt for some men
  • Do respond to a half naked picture message sent to you by your conquest with a picture of you leaping about in a banana suit.
  • Do, after inviting your victim over, collapse in your front garden with your handbag spilt out everywhere after drinking blue aftershock for the first time- what man doesn’t want to rescue a damsel in distress? (please note this was a very early conquest- may no longer be applicable)
  • Do impress them at the after party of a boozy wedding with the concept of ‘kettle beer’ when there is no alcohol available at back at the accommodation. To carry this out simply remove the standard kettle from the hotel room and lean over the closed hotel bar to fill the kettle to the brim- winner.
  • Do ask them if they can touch their toes and then proceed to prove that you can.
* Disclaimer- although the above tips did in fact work I do not hold any responsibility for potential failures but will take credit for success stories

11 comments:

  1. Ahahahaha, this is actually hilarious! I should put some of these into practice- they have to be better than some of my more questionable techniques :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. hahaha! i love this! now i know what i was doing wrong all along! :P

    ReplyDelete
  3. my little tip that has done me very well in 2011. offer to show the opposite sex how to NEVER miss a high five in your life ever again. (i mean that is an awkward moment that no one wants to happen).

    When about to perform the high five look at the person's elbow (the elbow of the hand you want to hit that is) ... you will never miss. This will then involve a couple of re-tries which will show it to be true. They instantly love you because you have taken that one worry out of their life forever and will sleep with you. Well that is what happened to me anyway ...


    ... you want to try it now don't you

    ReplyDelete
  4. Do it ladies they are all proven methods that worked for me! The stool method is a personal favourite of mine.
    Stewart I do want to try this and actually recruited an office buddy to partake in this as practice, winner!

    ReplyDelete
  5. is this office buddy a potential office romance? If it is female do not give away your tools of the trade!

    But guys will always do it and it is a great ice breaker and they will show their friends and everyone will think you are cool, then you can have the pick of the bunch

    ReplyDelete
  6. No deffo not any hint of office roman there unless I decide to go for a full life choice change!
    Damn already given this tip away, will keep schtum from now on and test run this bad boy later in the week

    ReplyDelete
  7. thank me when you get some, would like an update of how the tactic went

    ReplyDelete
  8. I wanna know which of us office buddies is the guinea pig?!

    ReplyDelete
  9. The spin one would work with me...

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is what I love about the blogging world...getting excellent tips like this for free and then getting even more via comments from your readers!

    Rapunzel x
    *Tales from the Tower*

    ReplyDelete
  11. Will you be trying oout the high 5?!

    ReplyDelete