Tuesday 1 March 2011

Betty no dates



2011 so far has been very low down on the Betty dating stakes- I have basically not had a single glimmer of a date, it is now March, this is depressing.

My friends have been suggesting I re-visit the online dating world after I dismissed it so suddenly following my pasty date.

I did start to contemplate this option as partying and acting drunk/stupid busy London life seems to be getting in the way of meeting any potentials in the real world, apart from of course the lovely ‘Pants man’ and his award winning chat up line.

After much debate with myself I reluctantly logged into my account and read my first new message as below:

‘Even if it might feel a bit hard to talk to an unfamiliar guy.. who actually is kind inside, please surprise me Betty.. and drop me a line about how you are .. believe me it is at least as hard for me to start a conversation with someone who is only a bit more than a picture from the internet at the moment.. :) But I would like to know you a bit better.
Myself, I am looking for a human being in a female body! to have a chat and fun with. I think the reason behind this website is to have a nice time without force so let’s start with some light fun chat if you feel like, I would really appreciate it.
Where about in London do you live?’

I logged out.
Confirmed- Internet dating is not my bag.
I think I am going to give speed dating a bash.
Any other suggestions welcomed at this point.

7 comments:

  1. My experience of internet dating has clearly been terrible because as messages go I thought that wasn't too bad!

    It certainly was reasonable compared to the guy that mailed me to tell me about his small 'pecker.' I kid you not. Read the email word for word at *Penis Email*

    Interested to hear how the speed-dating goes...!

    Rapunzel x
    *Tales from the Tower*

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think it was the whole ‘looking for a female in a human body’ that disturbed me. Will check out your correspondance in a wee min!
    x

    ReplyDelete
  3. This makes me sick - why is the dating game such an ass. Hold Tight Betty B as I know good times are en route. Peace x

    ReplyDelete
  4. i'm still waiting for my call?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good times are always on route Alex P.

    Mr Young sorry apologies I think I may have misplaced your digits, find a secret gig for me please and will be a deal!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I suggest asking out a fellow blogger ;)

    Seriously though, that guy is right: trying to make a decision based on some photos and a profile is hard. Take some changes. Could go horibbly wrong or could go very right!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think I would be scared of the bloggers account following, they already know my best would you rather line!
    I think I need to get out there rather than the web dating, speed dating is looking to be on the cards :)
    x

    ReplyDelete